Turkey Fryer Tips & Tricks
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and there is nothing better than a deep-fried turkey during the holidays! Unfortunately, that also means a rise in house fires. It is estimated that 1000 house fires that occur during the holidays are related to turkey fryers. Our friends at the Alabaster Fire Department shared a few things to be mindful of when you are preparing your Thanksgiving meal to keep yourself from having a house fire:
- Keep outdoor deep-fryers off decks, out of garages, and a safe distance from trees and buildings.
- Make sure the turkey is thawed and dry before cooking
- Place the fryer on a level surface
- Follow the manufacture instructions
- Never leave the fryer unattended.
- Turn the burner off before lowering the turkey into the oil. Once the turkey is submerged, turn the burner on.
- Keep children and pets away from the fryer at all times.
- Once finished, remove the pot from the burner; place it on a level surface and cover to let the oil cool overnight before disposing of.
The Alabaster Fire Department also helped demonstrate what could happen during a turkey fryer fire if you aren’t careful in this Turkey Fryer Tips & Tricks video! SERVPRO of Birmingham wishes everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving Holiday. In the unfortunate event of fire or smoke damage, we are available 24/7. Call us Birmingham, 205.252.8110