Removing Malodors in a Commercial Business
Have you experienced flooding or water damage in your Commercial business?
These issues can leave unwelcome and defiantly unwanted odors in the air. This odor is most always displeasing to customers, employees or yourself. Based on the source of the issue, we have 5 tips to help solve the problem:
1. Ventilate the Building and Evaluate the Situation - Allows any lingering scents to disperse through a window, if possible. You can then work to identify and locate any centralized, problematic scents. If sewage loss is causing the odor, it’s best to stay away from the contaminated water and contact SERVPRO of Birmingham to mitigate.
2. Dry Wet Carpeting and Flooring - Carpet holds moisture and it could be the source of the scent. A wet and dry vacuum, which can be rented if needed, can shampoo the carpet and then dry it afterward. This sanitizes the area to potentially remove some of the smell.
3. Scrub Moldy Surfaces - Mold growth left alone will continue to reproduce and spread along with its musty odor
4. Spray Furniture and Upholstery - Furniture can be sprayed and scrubbed. Porous materials are likely not able to be fully cleaned this way since the fungus settles within.
5. Consult Professionals for Extensive Cleanup - There are many instances that commercial-grade machines will need to be used to remove the malodor. An expert SERVPRO technician can help remove problems caused by floodwater and/or other water damage. When dealing with flood odors, most do-it-yourself remedies will fix only the symptom. Trust the help from SERVPRO of Birmingham where we can assist you to remove most of the unwanted smells alongside any mold growth or other nuisance.