What Happens If You Discover Mold?
DID YOU KNOW?
- Mold will grow in places with a lot of moisture, such as around leaks in roofs, windows, and anywhere there has been flooding.
- Whenever mold drops on anything that has excessive moisture, it will grow. Check basements and places that hold a lot of moisture in your home, often to ensure no mold is present.
Here are some tips if you discover mold within your home or around your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Birmingham for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
If you and your family have found mold growing in or around your home, the best decision to make is to call SERVPRO in order to resolve the issue quickly and efficiently. SERVPRO has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment to handle your mold problem. Mold, like mentioned above, can cause numerous health effects and cause damage to your home.
Call SERVPRO (205) 664-6770
Your property will be carefully inspected using technology that can detect mold.
Then, containing the mold will be the top priority, in order for it not to spread any further.
3. Air Filtration
Specialized equipment captures any mold that remains in the air.
Any mold growth, is removed using anti-fungal treatments.
5. Cleaning & Restoration
SERVPRO cleans all furniture, clothing, walls, etc. with chemicals to ensure the mold will not return. Lastly, if anything in your home needs restored SERVPRO will repair those items.