This home had a chimney fire causing damage to the chimney on the outside of the home and to cause the entire home to fill with heavy smoke and light soot.
Cleaning included: Light structure clean in affected areas on the main floor as well as in house content clean in the home. We cleaned all carpet, the HVAC system, rugs and laundry. Tarped the chimney, and set air scrubbers.
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.